If running has been one of your go-to exercise or want to add it to your weekly schedule, you know it has heaps of health benefits, especially to your heart’s health. However, there will be days when running at the park, on the street or anywhere outside may just b the worst idea. It may be raining hard, the sun is too hot or you simply can’t find it appealing to have your regular jogging/running outdoors. This is where an elliptical machine comes in beneficial.
Ellipitcals mimic the motion of running but with few benefits, such as staying at home and exercising without the impact. Moreover, you won’t only be performing a cardiovascular form of exercise; with an elliptical machine, you would be doing a full-body workout. In fact, 30 minutes on an elliptical machine can help you burn 180 to 270 calories, depending on the intensity of your workout.
When you’re buying an elliptical machine, there are three things you should look into: build quality, ease of use and whether or not it aligns with your natural running motion. Here are a few suggestions, priced at not more than a couple of thousand dollars.
Best Rated Elliptical Trainer
The Horizon Fitness Elite E7 is an effective machine that focuses on your isolated training as well as strength training. With a hefty price, you’re sure to get every penny of it, thanks to this machine’s wide arsenal of features. Here are a few of them:
- Polar Wireless Heart Rate Chest Strap that accurately monitors your heart rate, which comes really handy for those who needs to control their heart rate for health and safety purposes.
- Dual Action Handlebars that can accommodate stationary and moving positions. This versatility allows you to focus on your upper or lower body parts when you feel like a total body workout is not for you on a particular day.
- ViaFit Connectivity System that allows you to upload your home workout data to any fitness app you’re currently using on your smartphone or tablet.
- Energy Saving Mode that helps keep energy cost as low as possible.
There are other things to love about the E7. It is equipped with a heavy flywheel that keeps it relatively stable. It has 20 different resistance levels and adjustable incline, making your fitness regime as challenging as you want. It also includes speakers, reading rack and bottle holder. Finally, it comes with generous warranties: lifetime for the frame and motor and five years on the parts.
Best Rated Elliptical Machine for the Money
The LifeSpan E3i Elliptical Cross Trainer is the better-equipped version of the entry-level E2i. It retails for less than $2000, but is as feature-rich as some of the more premium models on the market. It is durable, smooth and easy to use.
Here are some of its features:
- It has a user weight capacity of up to 375 pounds.
- Exclusive CoreBalance Technology that can identify effort imbalances based on user’s personal stride and provides support as needs, thanks to its integrated pedal sensors that can detect the amount of force from each leg and display that individualized data directly to the console.
- Integrated ActiveTrack app that lets you wirelessly connect the machine to any of your Android or Apple smart device and sync your personal workout results with your LifeSpan Club account that comes with your purchase of this product.
- A 7.5-inch blue backlit display that lets you keep track of your workout data. It also provides 17 built-in preset workout programs, two customizable user profiles and two hear rate based programs.
- Residential warranty of a lifetime on the frame, five years on the parts and a year on labor.
Other features include a media holder, speakers and an audio jack, and a dual-purpose USB port that charges your favorite device and can save your workout results to the USB drive to be uploaded to your free Club account. It is also equipped with one of the heaviest flywheels on the market at 34 pounds. Finally, it provides you with 20 grades of intensity and 20 distinct ramp levels, and a stride fixed at 20 inches.
Best Rated Premium Elliptical Machine
The ProForm 12.0 NE Elliptical Trainer is a revolutionary machine that is accompanied by impressive collection of features that makes its premium price worth every penny. These features include the following:
- Oversized Cushioned Pedals that are hard to miss. They are also adjustable, making them so comfortable during workouts.
- Multi-positioned Upper-Body Grips that are designed to reduce the risk of stress injuries.
- 32-pound Flywheel, one of the heaviest in the industry, that provides just the right stability and a quiet and smooth workout. It is also because of this that the machine is able to support a weight maximum amounting to 375 pounds, which is actually high above the market standard.
The ProForm 12.0 NE also includes 32 workout apps that make fitness regime way more fun. It has 24 digital resistance levels as well. Additionally, it is equipped with a cooling fan, tablet holder, water bottle holder and iPod compatibility. Finally, it has a lifetime warranty on the frame, five years on the parts and two years on the labor.